Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I may or may not have a obsession with peanut butter…especially peanut butter and chocolate. Peanut butter blossoms are a crowd pleasing cookie to bring to gatherings. It is a peanut butter cookie with chocolate pressed in when you are done baking them. And if you eat one not long after you put the chocolate on it will be a gooey peanut butter-chocolatey delight.
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
This is an easy recipe to make. Start with a half of cup of butter that is room temperature in a bowl. Add in 3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter and stir together until well blended. Next put 1/3 cup of white sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar in to the bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until well blended.
Time for the dry ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Stir until just combined. So, stir until there is so more flour showing after that STOP!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is heating roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place them on to a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. When you take the cookies out of the oven place a piece of chocolate in the middle. I used a Brachs Chocolate Star for this batch of cookies but I have also used a Hersey Kiss and they turned out great!
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I also hope that you have all of your Christmas shopping done! Christmas is only 9 days away! Which is crazy to think about. This year has gone so quickly and I cannot believe it is almost a New Year!
Luke 2:15-16 When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.