Cookies that taste like cinnamon rolls? YES PLEASE! These cookies are amazing. They are bite size cookies that taste just like a cinnamon roll. Cinnamon roll cookies do take some time to make but they are defiantly worth it! I have been dreaming of the day that I can eat a homemade food that tastes just like a cinnamon roll without having to mess with waiting for bread to rise (Don’t get me wrong, I will still be making cinnamon rolls the old-fashioned way!). Enjoy these cinnamon roll cookies!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
The sugar cookie recipe used to make this dough is quite simple! Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Next, add the eggs and vanilla and mix into butter mixture. Add salt and baking powder. Mix in flour until incorporated. Split the dough into two flat disks, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
For the filling, mix together the softened butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. After an hour pull the dough out of the fridge and roll each disk to a rectangle that is 4 inches wide and around 12 inches long. The dough should be around 1/4 inch thick after it is rolled out. Spread half of the filling on each piece of rolled out the dough. Starting with the long end roll the dough into a tight log.
Wrap each log in saran wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake these delightful cookies. Take them out and cut them into 1 inch thick cookies, set on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not over bake these! Cinnamon roll cookies taste best soft so only bake them for 10 minutes, they will be light in color!
Let the cookies cool and make the drizzle. Cream cheese frosting is my favorite topping to a cinnamon roll. Cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Next, add the vanilla and milk and mix until a smooth consistency. Drizzle the frosting onto the cookies and ENJOY!
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- For the cookie dough, cream together the cup butter and granulated sugar and powdered sugar, Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add baking powder, salt and flour, mix until just incorporated
- Split dough into 2 disk, wrap in Saran Wrap and put in the fridge for 1 hour
- For the filling mix together butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Take cooled dough out and roll into two rectangles. Dough should be 4 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Spread half of the filling on each piece of dough
- Starting on long edge, roll into tight log, wrap in Saran Wrap. Place into the fridge for 30 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut cookies 1 inch thick. Place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 min
- For the glaze, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add milk and vanilla, mix until smooth. Drizzle over cookies