I love breakfast and brunch foods, and I am on a mission to find healthy ways to enjoy them. Pancakes with maple syrup have always been a favorite of mine. Pancakes are delicious but they are not the healthiest breakfast choice so I decided to create a healthier version. After many trials and errors I came up with these Healthy Banana Oat Pancakes.
Healthy Banana Oat Pancakes
Each month in 2017 I am focusing on a healthy goal every month and this month I am focusing on making breakfast a priority. To learn how to become a better you one month at a time click here!
I start my day with smoothies and coffee on a typical morning but sometimes I crave a fluffy pancake dripping in syrup! Pancakes are a great indulgence but I wouldn’t call them healthy. So on the days when I do not want to feel the bloat and heaviness of a typical pancake I turn to these healthy banana oat pancakes.
I’m not all about the gluten-free lifestyle. There are just some things that you can not make taste the same or have the same texture without gluten…(Dont hate me for speaking the truth.) I am not claiming that these pancakes will taste the same as traditional pancake because they don’t. These banana oat pancake taste more like banana bread and when you top them off with pure maple syrup you are in for a treat!
- 2 peeled bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking pwoder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- In a blender, combine bananas, eggs, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Scoop batter onto pan and fry your pancakes until they are golden brown on each side.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and ENJOY
This recipe is a healthy way to indulge and not feel bad. So stay in your pjs and don’t feel bad for eating these healthy banana oat pancakes! Plus isn’t a pj day something that we all need!