This classic sweet snack gets a festive makeover! Almond bark coated cereal dusted with sprinkle filled sweetened cake mix. What’s not to love? I hope you enjoy this Funfetti Puppy Chow Recipe
Funfetti Puppy Chow Recipe
I don’t know how but something amazing happens between Chex cereal leaving the box and shaking the bag full of full of powdered sugar and candy coated cereal and it is pure magic. Let’s just say I have never met a batch of puppy chow that I didn’t love.
Which, of course, is both good and bad, seeing as how I will easily eat an entire batch of it in one sitting. (Don’t judge me.)
If you are wondering why I decided on Funfetti puppy chow for my next recipe… Well, I went strolling through Target.
No, actually I fell into the black hole called Target and bought items that I didn’t need in my life… Including Pillsbury Funfetti Stars and Stripes Cake Mix.
I never bake a cake with cake mix. I like to believe that I am Betty Crocker and like to make all of my cakes from scratch. Which means there was a perfectly good cake mix sitting on my kitchen counter. Staring at me… Needing to be made into something.
I thought about making cookies or bars and then decided on a new version of puppy chow. Puppy chow that tastes like cake is a wonderful way to have your cake and eat puppy chow too.
PS it is so good that it only lasted one day in our house.(whoops)
The Puppy Chow
Making puppy chow is hands down one of the easiest things to make. Which, makes it perfect for a last minute snack that everyone will love.
Measure out your Chex cereal into a large bowl. Place your powdered sugar and cake mix into a ziplock back and set aside. If you hate doing a lot of dishes put parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the almond bark and melt per package instructions.
Pour the melted almond bark over the Chex cereal. Using a spatula, gently toss the Chex cereal so that it’s covered in a thin layer of almond bark.
**Tip: I like to scoop the spatula under the Chex and gently turn it over.**
Gently stir in the sprinkles and be careful to not over mix or the sprinkles will melt.
Spread funfetti puppy chow out on prepared parchment paper. Allow to dry completely, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
- 4 1/2 cup Chex Cereal
- 9 oz Almond Bark
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 3/4 cup white cake mix
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure out Chex cereal. Place white cake mix and powdered sugar in a large plastic bag and shake to mix. Finally, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set all three aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add almond bark and melt per package instructions.
- Pour almond bark over Chex cereal. Using a spatula, gently toss the Chex cereal so that it's covered in a thin layer of almond bark.
- Gently stir in the sprinkles and be careful to not over mix or the sprinkles will melt.
- Pour candy coated Chex into the bag with the cake mix and sugar. Seal bag and shake until Chex is covered and no longer tacky.
- Spread funfetti puppy chow out on prepared parchment paper. Allow to dry completely, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
What is your favorite flavor of puppy chow?
Don’t Forget To Follow Me: