Homemade Caramel Corn with the added touch of cinnamon and drizzled with almond bark makes perfect cinnamon roll caramel corn. I love caramel corn but not as much as I love cinnamon rolls so combining the two makes one delectable treat. Today I used puffcorn but you can easily exchange it for popcorn and get the same delicious results. I hope you enjoy this Cinnamon Roll Caramel Corn Recipe.
Cinnamon Roll Caramel Corn Recipe
I have two questions for you…
1 How do you pronounce caramel? KARR-uh-mel or KAR-muhl?
I’m on the Kar-muhl side of the debate.
2. Have you ever heard of Christmas in July? If so, do you enjoy Christmas movies in the middle of summer?
Since this blog is new and many of you are just finding me in the middle of summer there is something important I should share with you….
I LOVE CHRISTMAS.
Not only because it is the day that Jesus was born but because of the feeling that comes along with Christmas. There is a lightness that comes along with it. People seem kinder and more caring. The world seems happier and honestly in the world we live in we need more lightness. Even if that comes from Christmas movies in July. They are a great reminder of the feelings of the holidays.
I look forward to Christmas movies in July and even some great sales. (Yes…I love a good sale.)
So in the spirit of Christmas, I made a treat that my grandma loved to make for our family Christmases…Caramel Corn. Lets just put it this way she would make enough caramel corn that we could all take an ice cream bucket full home.
But I didn’t want just regular caramel corn so I decided to add a cinnamon roll twist.
This is my new favorite way to eat caramel corn. The addition of cinnamon cuts the sugary taste and adds a nice flavor to the caramel corn. Plus drizzling the cinnamon caramel corn with almond bark helps the cinnamon caramel corn taste like cinnamon rolls with frosting on top.
I am actually going to go and eat a bowl of it right now and I recommend you drop everything and go try to make it yourself.
- 12 Cups Puffcorn or Popcorn
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 1/4 Cups of Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Oz Almond Bark or White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and light corn syrup in a 2 quart sauce pan.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture has melted.
- Once mixture has melted add the baking soda. (Note: This will cause the mixture to foam)
- Stir Cinnamon into mixture.
- In a large roaster with puffcorn or popcorn pour in caramel mixture and stir until mixed.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes, stirring at least every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour on wax paper and break apart.
- Melt almond bark or white chocolate and drizzle over the carmel corn.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
Don’t Forget To Follow Me: